looove, tiff.

looovetiff.blogspot.com

Mood.

Stressed.

Music.

Remember Love - Adriana Evans

Archives.

January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009

Credits.

Layout by: skeim.
Fonts from: dafont.
Banner image from: here.



Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Times!

hello hello! i had 2 first times this weekend! i definitely must share!

i was supposed to have dinner on friday night with tiff, audrey, and mare but right after work, i knew my mom was cooking my most favorite dinner and viet dish in the whole wide world so i came home for a little bowl of bun bo hue! i got ready really fast and changed into some comfy clothes and headed over to Lucky's to buy ski lift tickets for Heavenly in Tahoe. after maybe half an hour (because of the horrible parking situations at union landing on friday nights), i finally made it over to tiff's!

Tiff made dinner and it was really delicious! salmon with mayo and lemon pepper, rice, corn, broccoli (sp?), and salad. we had really good talks and vents about certain stuff. i find it really amazing how everything they've all been through, i've been through as well! i'm just going to keep it vague though, no need to spill all the juice =) i just can't believe how certain situations we've gone through in life are so similar, and some so exact! It's really nice to relate to others about those kind of things and not feel so left out and to have input on the situations.

After a reallly good talk, tiff made some red velvet cupcakes (which i really did think were delicious!) and we busted out the magic-mic. that was my first time singing in front of them! i was really nervous and shy but just did it anyways. i don't know why i lost my voice so fast and ended up sounding like a man hahah. they all sing really well! and so beautifully =) we started off with killing me softly, threw in some whitney, and after a kazillion songs, we eventually made our way to mare singing you are my sunshine hahah. i had a great time catching up with them and just chillin. i love nights in like this and would so much prefer it more than going out anyday! i left and arrived home around 1. hit the sack at 1:30.

Then my alarm woke me up at 4:30AM! got up, got dressed really warm (a t-shirt, two pairs of thermals, and a ski jacket, tights, sweats and ski pants!) put on some lightweight makeup (for spf of course hahah thanks to bareminerals!) we left around 5:15 ish after loading my car with the snowboard gear and extra clothes. it was just me and my aunt. we got gas and then headed up the mountain! it took about 3.5 hours to get to Heavenly and on the way we got some mcdonalds! we got there and met up with my uncle Toan, their Cousins Thanh and his wife Carol, Jamie's brother Buu and his wife Jackie, and Cliff and Cheryl.

On the way up the mountain, i noticed the sun was realllly bright and big (reallly big actually)! blinding almost. and it really was beautiful. i have a soft spot for nature hahah.

when we got there, we geared up and all went to the lift that took us to the top of the mountain. it was really windy and sunny (so it was kind of hot!) and all the snow was blowing in our faces and mouth, etc. there were 2 other first-timers so i didn't feel so left out! my aunt taught me how to strap on and walk with the board on one foot and walk with the board with both feet strapped in. basically, she just explained in 2 minutes how to stop, and balance myself, and then threw me in there to learn-by-example! i was able to get up but maaan it's so difficult to balance myself! that was probably the hardest part. when i'd fall, i found it took so much energy to get back up and i was just so outta breath. hahah i can be such a little bitch sometimes. after trying and trying again it took us about 2 hours to get down the slope.

In the middle of it, my aunt pulled us to the side where, for some reason, the snow was extremely icy and hollow! so she was walking and her whole LEGGG got stuck in the snow for a quick second! we were laughing uncontrollably!

we chilled at the bottom of the slope for about another 2 hours hahahah before our next attempt! we were pooped i tell you!

the second time we went down, i was the last one to get all the way down. everyone else was doing really well! it was so funny cuz when i was waiting in line for the lift, i was standing on the left and carol was on the right. right when the lift came to pick us up, carol sat on my side so i was just stuck and didn't know what to do and the lift was still coming! so the lift ended up dragging me while i was facing it and they had to hit the emergency stop hahaha! oh my gosh i was screaming for dear life. when we got off the lift, i was able to go down and made myself stop before i hit anyone. little did i know, i stopped too soon and the next person to get off the lift completely ran into me! ouch! but i was ok hahah. the second time on the lift, i just missed it completely and they had to stop it (AGAIN!) for me to get on. i'm such a dork. im sure people had some great laughs watching me!

oh man..i just find it so funny to write about. i want to include so much more details but this entry is going to be sooo long!

so continuing on the second time. i found it a lot easier to just go down by myself and not have anyone teaching me/helping me out. there was definitely less pressure. so as i was going down, i was able to gain more balance and was able to learn how to brake/slow down. also, it was a lot easier getting up this time. i just had to make sure i had the will power to keep going! i was able to go down without falling as much and had longer streaks without falling! i was actually really proud of myself!

since im scared of heights (well slopes actually, this goes for hiking too), im afraid to just go downhill. I need to man up cuz i would really like to go boarding again and just let myself go instead of being a little chicken and stopping all the time. i forgot to mention i was so sore from going down the first time! when i woke up, i felt like i just did a thousand push-ups (and trust me, i know how that feels! hahah). my ass was ok, it didn't hurt that much. except for my tailbone cuz i fell pretty hard the second time around and as i was trying to get up again, some fool ran into me, causing me to slide down the hill about 2 feet. hahah. my legs were definitely sore! but it was mostly my shoulders and arms forsuuure.

siiiigh. i love trying new things! makes me feel so adventurous. i can't wait to go again so i can practice! i would love to have my own (cute) boarding gear! hahah plus, it's a hot sport!

i'm not too satisfied with this entry, not sure why. i guess i wish i could explain more in detail everything i went through! i want to be able to remember this down the road. that's why i have a blog again in the first place. it's for me. it's so i can look back and see what i've accomplished, or not. it's so i can remind myself that i don't just sit around all the time! haahha

anyways, my aunt took ONE picture of me..while i was up! i shall definitely post it when i get it!

we drove home, hit a bunch of traffic back in the bay and hit up sushi house! yummmmmy!! had salmon, the hella hot roll, the island roll, salad, and this tempura roll with unagi and avocado on the top. this is the best sushi place ever!!! finally got home around 9:30pm, took a shower and knocked out pretty goood! shook a lot, like a baby yenno. hahah

until then suckaaaahzzz.